Detroit Country Day School- Bloomfield Hills, MI
Detroit Country Day School is a private, independent, co-educational, non-denominational school, with more 1,500 students in the preschool to Grade 12 college preparatory curriculum. Existing heating systems were 40-50 years old, oversized, 70% efficient, and beginning to fail. New equipment was installed with the existing system in operation; pre-piped systems allowed for quick installations, removing the old boilers at the time of the switchover.
Lower School- PreK to 2nd grade. 55,000 sf building located at 3003 West Maple Road, Bloomfield Hills
- (2) HWH399, (1) HWH599 installed in 2010 by Springer Mechanical
Middle School- Grades 6-8. Located at 22400 Hillview Lane, Beverly Hills
- (3) HWH599A installed in 2017 by Springer Mechanical
Middle School Addition-
- (3) HWH599A installed in 2017 by Bumler Mechanical
Upper School- Grades 9-12. 230,000 sf building located at 22305 W. 13 Mile Rd., Beverly Hills
- (7) HWH599A installation in 2012 by Springer Mechanical
- (2) HWD399A installation in 2012 by Springer Mechanical
Performance Art Center-
- (4) HWH599A installation in 2015 by Springer Mechanical
- (1) HWH599A installation in 2015 by Bumler Mechanical
Over the years the school buildings have been able to realize system efficiency of up to 96% with the new equipment. The reliability of the EVO boilers and variable speed pumps and the resulting savings in annual gas and electric consumption and charges has given peace of mind to the operations staff. They saved $205,000 upfront in capital and got $35,000 in energy rebates. They also saw maximized efficiency as the TPC systems collects lots of data to help eliminate short cycling.