Our TECOCHILL “STx Series” and “DTx Series” product lines offer water-cooled engine-driven chillers, ranging from 150 to 400 tons of cooling capacity. Each natural gas engine drives a variable-speed single-screw rotary compressor, connected to a standard vapor compression refrigeration system utilizing environmentally-friendly HFC-134a refrigerant.
TECOCHILL’s “STx Series” models feature a single driveline (one engine) to provide up to 200 tons of capacity, whereas TECOCHILL’s “DTx Series” models use dual drivelines (two engines) to provide up to 400 tons of cooling capacity.
- Footprint comparable to an electric chiller’s
- Microprocessor-based controls, with Modbus compatibility and remote monitoring capability
- Factory run tested at full load for rigorous quality control and unsurpassed safety
- Operates with electrical minimal strain on standby power systems in case of emergency
- Switching to natural gas engine driven cooling frees electrical capacity for other useful purpose
- Minimizes cooling-related electric bills in peak times
- Proven and durable 7.4-liter natural gas engine
- Optional emissions controls, able to comply with the world’s most stringent emissions control standards
- Variable-speed operation standard, yielding high part-load efficiencies and longer life
- Free high-temperature engine jacket and exhaust waste recovery available (as much as 800,000 Btu/hr in the form of 230°F hot water is available per engine)
- Ultra-high efficiencies (Integrated Part Load Value IPLV COP of 2.6), highest of any available gas chillers
- R-134a refrigerant
- Sturdy single-screw balanced action compressor